As a native of St. Louis, Missouri, Nicolette Klapp is more than just a local attorney; she is a longtime resident who has been actively involved in her community. After graduating from Kirkwood High School, Nicolette attended the University of Missouri – Columbia to obtain her bachelor's degrees in Biology and German. She continued her education on an honors scholarship at Thomas M. Cooley Law School, where she graduated in 2009.
It was during law school that Nicolette first distinguished herself as a force to be reckoned with in law. At Thomas M. Cooley Law School, she received certificate of merit awards in constitutional law II and evidence. Soon after completing her law degree, Nicolette was invited to join a boutique law firm where she focused exclusively on family law issues and where she honed her legal skills in divorce and child custody cases of all types.
Now at The Buxner Law Firm, Nicolette dedicates her time and energy to addressing the legal needs of her family law clients in St. Louis, Missouri. Every client of Nicolette's is provided with personal attention and unique strategies designed to fit the specific needs of their case. She also works as a court appointed Guardian ad Litem (GAL) representing minor children all over St. Louis and its surrounding areas. Her role as a GAL is to conduct an impartial custody investigation and make a recommendation to the court regarding legal and physical custody arrangements. Nicolette also volunteers her time as a GAL with the St. Louis County Domestic Violence Court.
- Thomas Cooley Law School, Juris Doctorate - 2009
- University of Missouri - Columbia, Bachelor of Arts in German, cum laude - 2006
- University of Missouri - Columbia, Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences - 2005
PRIOR WORK HISTORY
- The Carson Law Firm (2009 - 2014)
- Board of Veterans' Appeals, Washington DC, Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable George R. Senyk - 2008
- St. Louis Bar Journal: "The Equitable Parent" - Spring 2012 issue